Scope of work to check various major equipment of ESCS is as follows
1. Automatic Smoke Curtain
- Check that there are no obstructions preventing the automatic smoke curtain from descending.
- Visually inspect all automatic smoke curtain. Ensure all electrical connections are sound and correct.
- Activate the smoke detector to check that the master smoke control panel received a fire signal to descend the automatic smoke curtain (if requested).
- Check that the automatic smoke curtain fabric is not chaffing on any part of the building structure and that there is no a tear or holes.
- Check that the operational position of the automatic smoke curtain is correct.
- When reset, check that the automatic smoke curtain retracts fully.
- Check that the bottom bar fit neatly into the ceiling slot provided.
- Disconnect the mains power supply to the electrical power unit and check that the standby batteries will come into operation and keep the automatic smoke curtain retracted (annually).
2. Smoke Curtain Electrical Power Unit
- Check standby battery condition of smoke curtain electrical power unit.
- Check voltage of standby battery per zone per servicing.
- Replace standby battery if necessary.
- Upon completion of testing and checking, it is essential that the smoke curtain electrical power unit and smoke curtain zone control panel to be switch to their auto/ normal mode position.
3. Master Smoke Control Panel
- Check that only the green power-on indicator is illuminated.
- Check that all LED should be off and panel should be silent.
- Check that the time and date are correct.
- Activate at least 1 smoke detector in a smoke control zone to ensure correct signal is send to the corresponding smoke control equipment (upon request by client).
- Check that the required sounder operates.
- Check that the signal is also send to the fire alarm panel.
- Accept the alarm and press the silence alarm button.
- Ensure that the MSCP exterior is clean.
- Check standby battery condition of MSCP.
- Check voltage of standby battery.
4. Motorised Smoke Damper
- Remove any debris from internal rain channels in louvers and base to prevent blocking and rain entering building.
- Check operation of dampers and clean oil leakages.
- Examine Hinges and operating arm anchorages.
- Listen for signs of air leakage.
- Check security of glazing.
- Check operation of Smoke Shield.
5. Motorised Smoke Damper Panel
- Isolate panels, open and clean accumulation of dust from inside.
- Check connections to ensure that all wires are secured into their respective connectors, sockets, etc.
- Conduct Functional Test.
- Upon completion of checking and testing, it is essential that all panels and key switches are returned to the auto/normal position.
6. Smoke Extraction Fan
- Visually check all fastenings for tightness and check the integrity of the rotating items.
- Fan accessories should be checked, cleaned and replaced as necessary.
7. Fan Starter Panel
- Ensure all electrical connections are sound and correct.
- Activate the Smoke Detector remotely to check that the master smoke control panel received a fire signal and send a signal to activate the smoke extraction fan.
- Check that the fan duty selector switch is in order.
- Ensure that the Fan Starter Panel exterior is clean.
8. Smoke Detector
- Smoke detector will be analysed from MSCP first.
- If any fault found, the following operation procedure is to be conducted:
- Check Smoke Detector for visual damage and secured in its mounting.
- Ensure that the protective mesh is not clogged by dust etc.
- Activate the smoke detector to check correct operation. (upon requested by client)
- Check that the built-in LED flashes when activated.
- Clean smoke detector by using compressed air line with suitable attachment to blow through the chamber housing in the same direction as the angled vents or by using recommend solvent if found dirty.